Law Soc: Amendments to the Muslim Marriage and Divorce Rules – Closure on Filing of All Applications
Amendments to the Muslim Marriage and Divorce Rules – Closure on Filing of All Applications
Syariah Court has informed that following amendments to the Administration of Muslim Law Act ('AMLA') in August 2017, the Muslim Marriage and Divorce Rules ('MMDR') will also be amended with effect from 22 October 2018.
Please refer to the documents below for the details:
- AMLA (Amendment) Act 2017 (Commencement) Notification 2018;
- Muslim Marriage and Divorce (Amendment) Rules 2018;
- Syariah Court Practice Directions 2018;
- Registrar's Circular No. 2 of 2018; and
- Registrar's Circular No. 3 of 2018.
To facilitate a smooth transition to the new filing requirements, the Syariah Court's filing registry will be closed from 17 October to 19 October 2018 (both dates inclusive). The last date for filing using the current forms is Tuesday, 16 October 2018. Only new forms will be accepted for use from Monday, 22 October 2018 onwards.
For more information on the implementation, you may visit Syariah Court's website at www.syariahcourt.gov.sg.