FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
About Singapore Law Watch
1. What is Singapore Law Watch?
2. What content does SLW have?
3. Why can’t I find a particular judgment or news article on SLW? How long is information archived on SLW for?
4. Can I refer to SLW for legal advice?
5. What are the different ways of receiving SLW?
6. I have subscribed to the Daily Email but would now like to receive it under a different email address.
7. What is RSS and how do I subscribe to it?
8. Can I refer to SLW for legal advice?
Submitting to SLW
9. Can I submit commentaries to SLW?
10. How can I list my event or publication under the Continuing Legal Education section?
11. How do I advertise on SLW?
12. Can I feature your article or link on my website?
13. How do I report an error?
14. How do I contact SLW?
About Singapore Law Watch
Singapore Law Watch is a free daily legal news service for the law community in Singapore and abroad.
Our legal editors monitor more than 40 Singapore sources to compile a news service that is updated daily. Our readers read us mainly through RSS as well as through our daily email service. We feature the latest Singapore law headlines, judgments, case highlights, legislation as well as a current listing of seminars and publications. SLW helps you manage your legal knowledge more efficiently by compiling the latest legal developments and promptly channelling them to your desktop and mobile device for you to share and use. With the latest information at your fingertips, you can make better legal assessments and manage legal risk more effectively.
All content in SLW, with the exception of the Headlines, Legislation and listings under Continuing Legal Education, are archived in LawNet.
SLW is published by the Singapore Academy of Law, and it is updated every weekday except on public holidays, at 10:30am.
Singapore Law Watch monitors more than 40 sources and we organise the information in the following sections:
Our most read section, read the latest legal news articles collated from The Straits Times, The Business Times, Lianhe Zaobao and Today. News is archived in SLW for four weeks.
We aggregate commentaries including:
• Supreme Court Case Summaries to flag recent important Supreme Court cases.
• Commentaries contributed by Singapore-based firms.
• SLW Commentary which analyses recent developments in the Supreme Court and legislative changes. Private CPD points may now be claimed for contributions to SLW Commentary. Please refer to the Singapore Institute of Legal Education (SILE) for more information or visit www.silecpdcentre.sg.
We publish the latest Supreme Court of Singapore judgments and Intellectual Property of Singapore (IPOS) and Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC) decisions.
Continuing Legal Education (CLE)
We highlight upcoming seminars and publications from the Law Society of Singapore, Singapore Academy of Law, National University of Singapore and Singapore Management University amongst others.
This section lists the latest Bills introduced, Acts brought into operation, Subsidiary Legislation and new revised editions of legislation published. This information is provided by the Toppan Leefung Pte Ltd and it is updated daily.
Notices & Directions
We list the most updated Supreme, State, Family Justice and Syriah Courts Practice Directions and Registrar’s Circulars, Law Society Notices, and MAS and SGX Notices & Directions. This information is provided by the relevant Courts, the Law Society of Singapore, the Monetary Authority of Singapore and Singapore Exchange Limited.
About Singapore Law
This section serves as an introduction to Singapore law and contains content from SLW's sister website singaporelaw.sg, which merged with SLW in 2018. You can find information about the various government legal institutions and dispute resolution bodies. There are also chapters on different areas of law written by academics and legal practitioners.
Content on SLW is databased for a limited period of time:
• Headline news is databased for four weeks from the date of publication.
• Judgments from the year 2000 onwards are databased permanently.
• Commentaries and notices & directions are databased for three months from the date of publication.
• Legislation is archived for five days from the date of publication.
• Notices and Directions are accessible for three months from the date of publication.
To access SLW content that is no longer available on our website, please do so at LawNet.
SLW is an aggregator of news. As such we do not dispense legal advice. Please consult a qualified lawyer for professional legal advice.
Receiving Singapore Law Watch
• Subscribe to the Daily Email updates and updates will be delivered to your inbox every working weekday.
• Through RSS. Subscribe to the superfeed or individual feeds by clicking on the RSS icon .
• From your organisation's intranet or homepage.
• Through the SLW mobile apps for iPhone and Android.
• Subscribe to the SLW LinkedIn page carries Headlines and Judgments (coming soon).
• Visit the website at www.singaporelawwatch.sg.
To change your email address, open any SLW Daily Email update you have received in your Inbox.
Click on the link (as indicated) at the bottom of the Daily Email.
You will be asked to "Update Your Preferences" (Step 2).
Type your new email address and complete the rest of the form. Click "Subscribe".
The Daily Email updates will be sent to this new email address starting from the next working day.
RSS stands for “really simple syndication” and it is a family of web-feed formats used to distribute frequently updated content directly to your computer. To syndicate our daily news click here.
SLW does not restrict law firms or other legal organisations from streaming its RSS feeds. Just inform SLW if you wish to do so.
Submitting to SLW
If you or your firm is interested in contributing commentaries to SLW, please approach us at email@example.com.
SLW lists events and publications pertaining to Continuing Legal Education held in Singapore for free. For more information on our submissions policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertise legal goods, services and events on SLW to good effect as a banner ad or sponsored link. Please call us direct at +65-6332-5101 or email us for our media kit.
As the copyright to most content on SLW belongs to third parties, such content may not be reproduced without their expressed permission. SLW is unable to give such permission. Please approach the third parties concerned. Further elaboration of terms, conditions and disclaimers is found here.
If you experience any technical errors or spot mistakes in content, please write to us at email@example.com or call us at +65-6332 5101.
Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +65-6332 5101.